Archive for Jet2.com
We would like to let you know some fantastic news, today (28th August 2009) Jet2.com announced the launch of a brand new base at East Midlands Airport, creating over 130,000 seats, seven new direct destinations and 250 new jobs for the region.
The airline will offer low fare destinations from East Midlands Airport to Lanzarote, Corfu, Dalaman, Heraklion, Paphos, Tenerife and Sharm El Sheikh which are available to book today for departures from May 2010, with starting fares from £59.99 one way including taxes.
It will also be possible to book package tours through Jet2holidays.com to these destinations from £269 per person for seven nights. This will extend Jet2.com’s catchment area further into Derby, Leicester, Nottingham, Sheffield and surrounding areas.
Ian Doubtfire, Managing Director at Jet2.com said, “At a time when many competitors are cutting services and closing bases, we are increasing ours with our ambitious expansion into the Midlands which will be our seventh base to date within the UK.”
Seven new routes and starting fares from East Midlands Airport for summer 2010 are:
• Lanzarote, Arrecife from £59.99 one way including taxes, departing 20th May 2010
• Turkey, Dalaman from £69.99 one way including taxes, departing 21st May 2010
• Corfu from £59.99 one way including taxes, departing 24th May 2010
• Greece, Heraklion from £69.99 one way including taxes, departing 25th May 2010
• Cyprus, Paphos from £69.99 one way including taxes, departing 23rd May 2010
• Tenerife from £59.99 one way including taxes, departing 21st May 2010
• Egypt, Sharm El Sheikh from £79.99 one way including taxes, departing 27th May 2010
Jet2.com has unveiled three new routes for summer 2010 from Manchester airport to Kos, Venice and Gran Canaria.
The announcement came as Ryanair dislcosed plans to cut routes from the airport. Kos and Venice are new scheduled services not previously served by the airport.
Jet2.com has also increased its frequency of its summer 2010 services to Lanzarote, Dalaman, Sharm el Sheikh and Tel Aviv.
It will base a 737 aircraft at the airport, taking the total number of Jet2.com aircraft at Manchester to seven.
Destinations and starting fares for summer 2010 now on sale from Manchester include:
• Venice from £29.99 one way including taxes departing from 3 March 2010
• Kos from £69.99 one way including taxes departing from 26 May 2010
• Gran Canaria from £59.99 departing from 1 May 2010
• Budapest from £29.99 departing from 28 March 2010
• Rome from £29.99 departing from 28 March 2010
• Nice from £29.99 departing from 13 May 2010
• Pisa from £29.99 departing from 27 May 2010
You can book your flights direct with Jet2>>
Low cost carrier Jet2.com is to increase the frequency of its Manchester-Tel Aviv service to twice weekly at key travel dates.
An addition flight a week will run between December 21 and January 4 and from March 22 to April 26.
The expansion plans come less than two months after the service was introduced in May. The airline said it has seen overwhelming demand from the north’s Jewish community and holidaymakers. The carrier’s chief executive Philip Meeson said: “As the only airline to offer a great value, direct service from the North to Tel Aviv, we are delighted to see this route going from strength to strength.
“We always listen closely to our customers and the feedback that we have received from our Tel Aviv passengers is that they want even more choice when it comes to travelling to Israel at key times.
“We have therefore responded by increasing our frequency. We will closely monitor bookings and if demand allows, will look to increase the service on a permanent basis.”
For more information, visit the Jet2 website >>